Monday, November 14, 2011

Vogue 8783 - Small Purse

So Far, So Good.

I did have some time to work on the purse yesterday, and made some good progress.  Most of that work was cutting out the fabrics and interfacings and applying the interfacing.  I chose fusible fleece for the body of the bag, and a stiff craft fusible for the faux leather contrast. 

I also spent quite a bit of time marking the pleats on the bag.  There are eight per side, so this takes a while to mark and then sew, but I like the result.  I think you could probably use gathers instead of the sewn pleats, to save time or to give the bag a slightly different look. 


Once the pleats were done, the contrast trim was sewn on and topstitched, readying both pieces for the zipper.


The zipper install is supposed to be the next step, but my daughter wants a long strap for the bag, so I'm trying to decide how I want to do that and if I'll need hardware for that.  I do know that I need to think it through before adding the zipper, because that might be my attachment points for the strap.

Parting Shot:  "Hiding".  My son brought home his moose poster today and Wellie immediately thought it was a good place to hide.

No comments: