Friday, October 21, 2011

Portefeuille Skirt - Paco Peralta

Done!


I got the skirt done today!  The binding took the most time to sew on, and then I remembered about the hooks and eyes and snaps.  Here's the binding, front and back:


The inside of the skirt:

There are two snaps on the inside, plus two hooks and eyes at the overlap edge:

The skirt will still need a good pressing, but I'm really happy with it so far.  I like the style and the fitting was easy due to the way it was drafted.   The pressing will have to wait until Monday, as I will be gone all weekend for a winter hiking seminar at the base of Mt. Washington.  

Parting Shot:  Embroidery.  My new neice's outfit has a little embroidery to personalize it, which I was able to complete between last night and today.  I promise more details on Monday, when I get back and will have time to work on the outfit.

 

8 comments:

Beth H said...

Love it! Gorgeous! Love it!

Rosie said...

The skirt is just gorgeous (as is all your other creations)!

Bunny said...

Love the skirt and its leather binding. Enjoy hour hiking seminar. It's supposed to be good weather from what I can see.

Irene said...

That is one gorgeous skirt inside and out!

sewing spots said...

Beautiful skirt! I love the pattern and that lining. Enjoy the weekend.

paco peralta said...

Thanks Summerset .- I love the finish and lining look fabulous !!

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

The skirt is fantastic! I love all of the elements you used. Thanks for sharing the process!

Tany said...

Your version turned out terrific! Love the finishing details, you really made a wonderful job with Paco's pattern!