Patrones No.265, Model #41 & #42, Baby V Outfit
A Good Start
My brother and his wife had their first child last week, a baby girl and I wanted to send something hand made along with another gift. After looking through all my Burda and Patrones magazines, I found this little outfit in Patrones.
Last week I showed you the embroidery, and here's how it turned out, not yet made into the top. The fabric is a fine shirting, in pink and white stripes.
I actually started working on the little panties first, and decided to trim them in eyelet, rather than the contrast ruffle. I found enough wider eyelet to make the sleeves of the dress, so the dress will coordinate with the panties.
The panties are almost done, with only inserting the leg elastic left. I just can't remember how much elastic goes into each leg opening for such a small outfit! I'll have to dig out one of my daughter's outfits and measure it.
Next up: working on the top!
Parting Shot: Destruction. I have (or had) a ball of cotton yarn that I use to make baby piping. It did not escape the attention of a large orange cat who thought it would be a good idea to play with it. Sigh. It shouldn't be too hard to untangle.