Monday, October 10, 2011

Paco Peralta - Pleated Skirt

Lining and Done!


I had plenty of time yesterday and today to finish up the pleated skirt.  The lining was easy to make, as it doesn't have the pleats of the skirt and was easily installed leaving me only the hems to finish.  You can see that the lining has a waist facing and the long slits so that the skirt moves properly when walking.


I decided to leave the skirt longer, which is almost midi length on me, and make a very narrow hem.  I had planned to make it knee length short, but when I pinned up it and looked at it in the mirror, it read more school girl than it should for my age.  If I don't like it, I can always go back and hem it up later.

I'm really pleased with it.  The skirt is well drafted and not complicated to make.  The style would also look good in a variety of fabrics and lengths depending on the wearer.

Parting Shot:  Moosilauke.  My son and I hiked Moosilauke on Saturday.  It was a really beautiful day for hiking here in New England, and we were treated to some nice views and cool temperatures.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Great looking skirt!

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

I love that you used a watch plaid for this skirt. It really highlights the pleats. I'm sure you look awesome in it too...hint, hint! *smile*

Irene said...

A wonderful "classic" skirt! Looks absolutely fabulous.

paco peralta said...

I love Summerset. Thanks for using my pattern !!

Kelley said...

It's beautiful!