Thursday, September 15, 2011

Advance 7931, Navy Corduroy Dress

Some Finishing Details

I am down to the finishing details on this dress and there are quite a few.  For some projects, it seems like finishing is actually half the project!   As far as the finishing, I have added buttons to the sleeve cuffs and made the decorative tabs for the front and back.  I've already add the one to the back, it is just stitched to the back with the buttons. 


I've also tacked down the facings at the shoulder and dealt with a small fitting issue.  The waist was a little bit too big, but taking in the dress at the side seams was not an option due to the inseam pockets.  My solution was to make the waist seam allowances into a casing and insert a piece of elastic just in the back to help the dress fit better.  You can see both ends of the elastic, below.  I just stitched across the ends of the elastic at the side seams and it was done.


It looks like all I have left is the hem, finishing the bound buttonholes and adding the buttons.  I should have that all done between this evening and tomorrow morning.  Oh yeah, and make the matching belt!

Parting Shot: Claimed.  Wellie likes bags and packs for some reason.  He's claimed my husband's laptop bag this time.

2 comments:

fourkid said...

Lovely dress (and kitty). I love that tip on adjusting a waistline. What a great idea! I would never have thought of that. Clever, clever.

Cennetta said...

Great looking dress. Love all the details.