I went through my closet a couple of weeks ago, switching the clothes around, getting rid of stuff I don't wear and that sort of thing. When I moved the spring/summer clothes to the front, I noticed that I had a lot of dresses for church but no jackets. I think it is because I always wear cardigans with the dresses, even in the summer because of the air conditioning. I noticed that two dresses had a similar color palette and then remembered that I had leftover fabric from last year's Easter dress and that I could make a jacket to wear with either dress.
Looking through my recent magazines, I came across this pattern from Patrones, #300, model 33. I liked the collar and the shaping at the waist and thought I might do something interesting with that.
I had plenty of fabric and by looking through the collection, I had enough for a muslin, which would double as underlining if everything looked good and there were only minor changes. I had almost enough lining too, only needing to purchase an additional half yard. I also found some matching orange/fuchsia cross dyed silk dupioni to make some piping, too.
Now, I need to get the muslin made and see how it fits.
Parting Shot: Cat Feet. Wellie will sit on any amount of fabric even if there is only a small amount. He actually sat there for a long time on that little piece of fabric.