Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Garden Path - Jacket - Part XIX

That Large Rose


A big thanks for all the compliments on the black tank! To quickly answer one question: yes, I did make the hole on the back smaller. I decided after reading LindsayT's post, that this would probably be a good idea. I am pleased with the overall fit, never having tried a BWOF petite pattern. I cut a size 18, and the waist was in the right place and the shoulders were not too wide. I need to go back through my issues and look for more petite patterns.

Well, I thought I had that large rose all finished:

Until I noticed it wasn't centered! Now, how could I have worked on it for hours and not noticed it wasn't in the right place is beyond me. I have no idea how that happened, but you know what had to be done! Is that a frog I hear in the garden? Oh, yes, rip-it, rip-it, rip-it.

I had enough time today to restitch the rose and now it looks like this:

I'm much happier with this one, the other one had things I would have taken out anyway.

I also had time to pin on the paper flowers for the next section. The next sections to the left and right include alliums. I've done a prototype, but it still needs some work. I hope to find a few minutes this evening to figure out how to make the stems be substantial but not take over the whole flower. I need to work on the metal template, too.


Parting Shot: Getting Fixed. The part came today for the dishwasher, and now my husband has fixed it. So far, so good. The dishwasher seems to running normally now!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo! Great news about the dishwasher. Isn't it great to be able to fix something yourself?

The rose looks beautiful. . . all the flowers look so nice together.
El

Vicki said...

Nothing like a useful husband ;)

Those little alliums look great. I think they will add a lot of interest to the garden. And the rose of course looks great.

Vicki W said...

Beautiful rose!

MaryPat R said...

Sorry you had to rip out the rose, but the result is beautiful!
I love the alliums.

Allison Ann Aller said...

Your garden sure did grow a lot while I was gone!
I can't wait to see how all this looks when the garment is assembled....

Cindy said...

The garden is gorgeous! I love violets. And I love your version of the tank. I was thinking of using the top and a-lining the skirt for a cool sundress.

AllisonC said...

There is no way I would have had the patience to rip out and redo that rose, I admire your pursuit of perfection!

Heather said...

Beautiful rose.

BConky said...

The rose looks perfect now. Like your top version of BWOF 116, cute.I made the dress for my daughter. She likes it so much wants me to make another version.

christina said...

I love the purple flowers. The garden path jacket is really coming together, i am excited to see it finished!

Tany said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!