Garden Path - Jacket - Part XIX
That Large Rose
A big thanks for all the compliments on the black tank! To quickly answer one question: yes, I did make the hole on the back smaller. I decided after reading LindsayT's post, that this would probably be a good idea. I am pleased with the overall fit, never having tried a BWOF petite pattern. I cut a size 18, and the waist was in the right place and the shoulders were not too wide. I need to go back through my issues and look for more petite patterns.
Well, I thought I had that large rose all finished:
Until I noticed it wasn't centered! Now, how could I have worked on it for hours and not noticed it wasn't in the right place is beyond me. I have no idea how that happened, but you know what had to be done! Is that a frog I hear in the garden? Oh, yes, rip-it, rip-it, rip-it.
I had enough time today to restitch the rose and now it looks like this:
I'm much happier with this one, the other one had things I would have taken out anyway.
I also had time to pin on the paper flowers for the next section. The next sections to the left and right include alliums. I've done a prototype, but it still needs some work. I hope to find a few minutes this evening to figure out how to make the stems be substantial but not take over the whole flower. I need to work on the metal template, too.
Parting Shot: Getting Fixed. The part came today for the dishwasher, and now my husband has fixed it. So far, so good. The dishwasher seems to running normally now!