Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Forget Me Knot Vest - Part XIII

Almost, But Not Quite Done


I haven't posted about FMK in a while, and I'll explain why. I actually don't even have the ensemble right now. Today, it was to be delivered to Springfield, IL along with 6 other ensembles/garments for a fashion show this coming weekend. That means, the vest and dress needed to be wearble. After some concentrated efforts (to say the least!) they are wearable, but lack a couple of minor details, such as a some prick stitching for both garments and a net ruffle attached to the dress lining to act as an attached petticoat. Those are small, minor details that can be done when the garments return in a few weeks.

You can see the vest below, as it is now. The peplum is now complete with all the rhinestones in place.

The beaded trim around the neck and armhole edges is all done, too. The beading is the same type that I trimmed Midnight Garden with. I was afraid it would be too much before I started, but once I saw the beads in place, it was just the right finishing touch.

Both the dress and vest have their labels. I even remembered to put in the labels before I finished the garments - it is much easier that way!

I did try everything on before shipping it out - and I'm pretty happy with the ensemble. I will post more about the gown tomorrow and once I get the ensemble back there will be detailed photos and the final photo shoot.

Parting Shot: Patrones! I was able to get Patrones through Paco with a little help from Tany - thank you both so much! I will be making the jacket on the cover when I am done with SWAP, in red pique with white top stitching and buttons.

13 comments:

Shannon said...

That vest conveys such a wonderful sense of whimsy!! Ooo, lucky you getting a new Patrones - can't wait to see all the beauties that come from it!

Lori said...

Very pretty, Summerset, the net ruffle is such a fun addition to the vest. Beautiful work as usual.

Vicki W said...

The vest is beautiful! I love the peplum.

Vicki said...

It is so pretty! The colour is sweet and so are all the trims/ embellishments.

We will just have to be patient waiting to see the final emsemble.

Sigrid said...

The peplum is so very, very special. And the whole of the vest is just beautiful.

paco peralta said...

Summerset .- I am happy that you like the magazine. Yes, the jacket of the cover is very well for the spring, I hope to see your version. Ok. Mauve body is wonderful, they are embroidered incredible, it's like a dress "fable." Congratulations. Greetings and a hug, Paco

Tany said...

Summerset, the vest is a sight from heaven! Just fantastic! I love the beading and all the finishing details! Even your labels are a masterpiece!

I also received that magazine from Spain! I am in love with a white jacket, the one which uses several different sizes of buttons (it is showm with a pair of capri pants, I think)

Elaray said...

As usual, I think your pieces are fantastic! The beading looks great.

LauraLo said...

WOW. This is too beautiful for words... and I mean it.

Isabelle said...

Gorgeous vest, Summerset! I loved looking at all the detail. The colour is lovely. I cannot wait to see the whole outfit!

designdreamer said...

Very girly!
Now I'm wanting to do some of that beading again! I don't know how you turn out so much sew fast!!
I like the jacket on the Patrones cover too, and your vision reminds me of a Burda jacket pattern I recently saw, done in navy with white stitching, (that I liked a lot) but if I know you, yours won't be the wrinkly version?? (Nor would mine)

Nina said...

Fantastic! This is really art garment.

Nancy W. said...

The trim and beading on this are gorgeous. I think I would spend a long time looking at this if I had it in hand.