From Lab to Studio - Progress!
I ended up with a free afternoon today at school because almost all my afternoon class students went to an away volleyball game! Once I finished grading the Physics papers and making an answer key for Monday's Physics homework, I pulled out some projects I brought to school just for this purpose.
My lab tables make an excellent place to trace and cut out patterns:
I was able to trace and cut out all of BWOF #111 6/07. It is all ready for stitching on Monday.
I pushed two tables together and started putting the print out of pattern pieces together for the V & A dress:
In the picture below you can see the pieces being taped together. I was able to get the whole sheet for the bodice put together. Next Friday afternoon, maybe I'll have enough time to get the skirt pattern sheet together.
I also made a new necklace today on the way to and from school on the bus. This is a copy of one I saw in the window display at the bead shop where I buy a lot of my beads. It is a super simple lariat - just a string of beads with a crimp tube on either end and worn by passing the ends through a loop.
Parting Shot: Kiwi is starting to be more social. I have been able to pet her recently without her sprinting away.